Did you know Black Friday is the busiest day of the year for plumbers?
LGE Prime Plumbing has compiled a survival guide for all of those who want to save a little extra money in the holidays for shopping instead of a plumbing expense.
- Dump grease down the drain. (grease solidifies in your drain much like it does in a pan left over night, don’t do it!)
- Force large amounts of food down disposal all at once.
- Put celery down disposal, it is very stringy and hard on the blades.
- Put pasta, potatoes, rice, or coffee – dump them in your trash. Better safe than sorry. They can be tough on your blades.
- Put bones down disposal.
- Rinse greasy plates in hot water
- Run water about 60 seconds to flush out grease left in disposal.
- keep water flowing while the disposal is running.
If you do happen to run into a problem, LGE Prime Plumbing is dedicated to providing plumbing, drain cleaning, install & repairs for all San Diego County.